bbh_blocked_dnftl
  • GTC-banner-728.jpg.5cc46ba09a7dd8e0286229917ccf417d.jpg

• GTC-banner-300.jpg.0de16ddb1a65d423b7281e32d9bd2e76.jpg

PM's Help!

Hi,

I have several contacts which I speak to via PM's, but for some reason cannot access this facility any more. Can anyone help? It is a useful service to have and I am a bit lost without it. I hope this has nothing to do with PM requests I made to advertise on here. I only sent this message to the Mods and Admins, which cannot be construed as SPAM. I don't believe this to be the case as I know someone would have been polite enough to warn me first.

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers, Paul

Re: PM's Help!

Paul, try to translate this:

(quote from board rules)

Nu trimiteti mesaje cu continut personal sau mesaje nesolicitate (spam) membrilor forumului. Mesageria privata, ca mijloc de comunicare in cadrul forumului, trebuie folosita doar la cererea uneia dintre partile aflate in discutie. Abuzul, in aceasta privinta, poate duce la desfiintarea contului.

You know what i mean? :wink:

Thanks Zoltan for your help.

Max, I don't understand Romanian, so could you help me out. The message I sent was to Mods and Admins only. Is my missing PM facility a software glitch or has this been removed?

Regards,

Paul

Nu trimiteti mesaje cu continut personal sau mesaje nesolicitate (spam) membrilor forumului. Mesageria privata, ca mijloc de comunicare in cadrul forumului, trebuie folosita doar la cererea uneia dintre partile aflate in discutie. Abuzul, in aceasta privinta, poate duce la desfiintarea contului.

The quote says:

Do not send unsolicited messages to forum members. The personal messages are a communication mode that should be used when one of the parts requires it(I guess it means the other side). Abusive use of PM-s could lead as far as suspending the account.

I don't think the rule was ever taken literally, especially in the case of moderators and admins who in a way took on themselves the task of forum maintenance, but I understand the problem is that you sent the same message to all the mods and admins. I think it would of been a better choice to pick one of them, preferably one of those who already posted in the English section, and negotiate with that one. The commercial problems I think are exclusively the Admin's job, so for that Gepetto should be contacted, entrusted with full rights by Max.

I'm aware that you are a uninformed about some of the details that are accessible to all of us , Romanian speakers, so I hope the administration team will show understanding for this situation.

Samurai incepator

Thanks Zoltan for the translation. So what has happened exactly? Have I had the PM facility removed or is it a software glitch? I am still confused as to what is going on. I cannot believe that the PM facility would be removed without explanation and/or warning? I think if an international section is added to this forum them it would be useful to have the forum rules in more than just Romanian.

I don't know any individual members on here, so I have no idea when and how often the mods and admins are active on the boards. I thought by sending the information to all of those in such positions I would at least gain someone's attention. This is quite a bizarre situation really, one that I have never experienced on a forum before.

Regards, Paul

No, I understand that the PM function is blocked right now, it's not a glitch as I thought. I hope the administration team reads what you wrote and they see it was a honest mistake. Who knows, if each and every one of them received your message, maybe they thought you also sent it to other members too, that's why they suspected intentions of spam.

I trust their judgement, so long it's the best moderated forum I know.

Samurai incepator

Thanks guys for the added information and support. Still no PM facility though. I will have to have a word with my friend Traian, a slightly higher level administrator!

Hi again,

Can anyone let me know how to delete my account? I have gone through all the profile, board and account settings, but can't find a delete button anywhere?

Cheers, Paul

The acount is deleted in some for some specific reason, So nobody will delete your acount.

Nobody ask you to register , and nobody will ask you why you don't visit our forum.

If you register here for some comercial or bussines interests is a wrong choise

For bussines advertisement are side banners ,but you have to pay for.

Only personal sales advice are accepted in "comercial zone" of the forum.

Other comercial activities in the forum are prohibited.

Have a nice day

Hi gepetto,

I made a request to Max for details on purchasing a banner, but there has been no reply.

My previous post was a request for assistance to delete my account. If there are specific rules about advertising and commercial activity then I respect that. However, I cannot read Romanian and there should be some clarity on this if you want to attract and participate with international members. I have done all I can to request a banner from Admin Max, but he has not even had the courtesy to reply. Deleting a useful component like the PM facility is heavy handed without warning. This is something that I have never experienced before and I can say would never happen on any UK forum that I moderate on, without discussion. It is an unwelcome and unfriendly act that is uncalled for, especially when I was unable to read the rules. I am beginning to wonder if the decision was based on anti foreigner sentiments or maybe anti British, who knows. I am honest and straightforward as a person as well as in business. I like it when people are the same with me. Obviously somebody who has the ability to take away the PM facility without any discussion or explanation feels all too powerful! Unfortunately I have met too many of these types, and to be honest there are too many forums available to argue with someone behaving in such a petty way.

This is no reflection on the vast majority of you, as you have been fabulous and very supportive. Also a big thank you to all the members on here that have taken the time and trouble to e-mail me your support and apologised on the behalf of this administrator. However, I would have much more respect for him if he did it himself.

Now will someone kindly delete my account on here.

Kind regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

No, for sure there is nobody anti-British on this forum; for sure most of us respect a lot all the foreign members and maybe not only the LR owners have respect for you and your citizenship(well,maybe we hate some Solihull engineeers,but...).

I don't know what the problem is with your account but maybe there is about the rules of the forum(I'm sure that you and me are not the only ones not reading all of them...).

A very specific rule is to complete your location, and your profile.

Regarding the banner, I seen that also on the other forums where you post there is a banner with the services you provide to the Britons who wish to visit Romania and I'm happy that someone is doing it when a lot of other nations hate us so bad.

I seen(don't remember on which forum) how happy are you with the life in Ojdula and seen some pictures also with you, your local friends and Foxy...

Don't know what the rules are regarding the advertising on the forum, but for sure the language barrier is creating the problems that you have now.

Please don't rush to delete the account(even if you can't!) or some other tough measures, as for sure the problems will be solved sooner or later.

Regards,

Flavius

Land Rover Discovery td5 1999

Jaguar XJ8 2002

Ford Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Land Rover Discovery Sport (benzina) 2017

Mr. Paul,

1. Your PM's are restricted because you abuse of this option. You send same mesage to all moderators.

2. From first days on this board, you put advertising in your signature. I tell you about this but you don't care.

3. anti foreigner sentiments or maybe anti British??? - this is a joke, isn't?

4. You ar right about Board Rules. In future, i try to translate this rules in other languages to. I don't have problema until now.

5. I don't send the details on purchasing a banner because i have this conditions just in romanian language and i don't have time to translate now.

6. I m member on some international boards, including UK boards, but i don't try to make advertising without the administrator's permision. And i don't try to change the board rules or other details.

7. Are not obliged to send warnings before taking action.

8. Maybe , this conflict is posible because we don't communicate very good or very clear. My englis is not very corect. :grin:

9. Your acount cannot be deleted. If wou don't want to use this board, just don't enter here.

Best regards,

Max

PS. This topic viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8946&p=122481#p122481 is advertising. :grin:

And your signatures was advertising.

And your PM message was advertising.

And advertising for bussines is not free. :grin:

Hi Paul,

No, for sure there is nobody anti-British on this forum; for sure most of us respect a lot all the foreign members and maybe not only the LR owners have respect for you and your citizenship(well,maybe we hate some Solihull engineeers,but...).

I don't know what the problem is with your account but maybe there is about the rules of the forum(I'm sure that you and me are not the only ones not reading all of them...).

A very specific rule is to complete your location, and your profile.

Regarding the banner, I seen that also on the other forums where you post there is a banner with the services you provide to the Britons who wish to visit Romania and I'm happy that someone is doing it when a lot of other nations hate us so bad.

I seen(don't remember on which forum) how happy are you with the life in Ojdula and seen some pictures also with you, your local friends and Foxy...

Don't know what the rules are regarding the advertising on the forum, but for sure the language barrier is creating the problems that you have now.

Please don't rush to delete the account(even if you can't!) or some other tough measures, as for sure the problems will be solved sooner or later.

Regards,

Flavius

Hi Florin,

I did have my location completed but I removed it as I want my account on this forum deleted. This has not happened yet! With all other forums I belong to this option is firmly in the hands of the account owner! This appears like another form of control!

You are right, I am very happy with life in Ojdula. I have never been made to feel so welcome in all my life. The villagers are so helpful and never ask for anything in return. Foxy is a lot of fun too!

I do want this account deleted, not because of the members who quite frankly have been wonderful. I have received many emails from members of this forum and the general opinion is that Admin Max has got this wrong but is too proud to admit it. The anti foreign sentiment idea came from one email I received from another foreign member who informed me that he received similar treatment from Admin max. I can assure you that I don't feel the same sentiment from anyone else on here!

As for advertising and signature boards, these are common place on UK forums. If they are not within Admin Max's "rules" on here then lets have the "rules" in English for International members. Since I put up the post about my cousin and his mechanical services in Ojdula we have received many phone calls from readers and members enquiring about Land Rover issues. All advice has been given without charge completely free! I have never taken a single RON from any Romanian for any work carried out on their vehicle.

We are thinking of starting our own forum soon. All will be welcome. If we do get round to it there will be no banner charges and no fees of any kind, guaranteed! Signature blocks will be welcome with whatever company linked. We will take the shackles off your wrists and ankles and let you walk freely in whatever direction you want! Democracy and freedom will rain in a 4x4 paradise free of heavy handed and dictatorial rules. Yes, we will bring a little bit of the west here, like a small oasis ready to flourish and spread! OK, i think you get my point and idea. I could go on all day, but I have work to do.

Best wishes to you all and even Admin Max ( who needs to relax and forget all notions of power, after all this is simply a forum and not a political stage!)

Cheers,

Paul

Best wishes,

Paul

The anti foreign sentiment idea came from one email I received from another foreign member who informed me that he received similar treatment from Admin max.

Is clear for me now.

You're just an ordinary liar.

I want to see that email. Please put that email here.

You are single foreign member who not understand the Rules of this board. In fact you don't want to understand the Rules of this board.

This went so far it hurts. Especially I respect both sides.

Zoli,

You can say everything about me, but saying that i m against foreigners is dumb.

The rule are simple:

If you want to use this board for make money (like Paul Transylvania Tours), you cannot make advertising for free.

If you organize a oficial competition or umanitarian action or everithing alse WITHOUT profit, all advertising is free.

I'm not stupid. I study Pauls' activity.

Be careful who you call a "liar" otherwise you will be on the receiving end of litigation. I would never reveal my source to you who wrote to me in confidence. The problem is Admin Max, you are not used to being challenged. Your heavy handed attitude would never be tolerated on a UK forum and we British don't just roll over when someone behaves in this way. Of course you can delete an account, so I suggest you get on with deleting mine before you reveal any more insulting and controlling behaviour.

I'd never say you are agains foreigners, Max. I know you're not, I know the forum is not. I should know, I'm kind'a foreigner myself in some eyes, even mine once in a while. I wrote I respect both of you, none of you did something very wrong, but now things are escalating just out of anger and that makes me sad. I do understand both of your positions though.

First you, Max: I know that sustaining the forum out of your pocket is an effort a foreigner sometimes cannot fully understand, because conditions are different here than in the west. It's not a commercial venture, so a forum that manages to sell enough advertising to sustain itself, is a happy one. One that manages to generate profit ... might be a legend in Romania. I am a moderator myself for several years and I also administered a motorcycle forum/portal for a while, so I know how hard is to create a community, how awful is to keep it clean, especially if it begins to grow and discussions tend to loose a certain quality. It's normal to be very sensible about others obtaining profit by advertising on this forum on your costs, so the rule of no unpaid commercial activity is normal. You did enforce that with Romanian members, you need to enforce that with international members too. One thing is that the rules need to be translated at least in English, as an international language. Sure, you cannot translate in every language, but if English rules are posted, anyone can access at least an online translation opportunity from English his own language to learn about them. If you want to, I'll make the translation.

Paul, I believe that probably on the UK forums is not usual to impose such rules, unfortunately in Romania we live under slightly different conditions, and you must feel that first hand since you live here. Cut Max some slack, he might need to have some advertising arrangements to keep the forum online, next to all the activities he organizes under the club4x4 brand. I'm not the only one who received free or low cost promotional objects and prizes meant to make members feel good about their membership here. The MMOF reunion/contest comes in august I'm sure part of the orgaizing costs are supported by club4x4, and no matter how great it will be, some people will always complain about details.

It's strange how high waves this entire situation created, Paul did not really need advertising in Romania yet, he was only asking around about extending his services in Romania, but for now he only relies on British customers. The Internet is sometimes a bitch, I doubt any of this would happen in face to face confrontation, that would probably end in a handshake. As I see it, the normal course of action was supposed to be: "I'm sorry if I broke the rules, I did not know about them, I do now so I'll act accordingly " on one side and "It's OK, don't let that happen again" on the other.

Samurai incepator

Be careful who you call a "liar" otherwise you will be on the receiving end of litigation. I would never reveal my source to you who wrote to me in confidence. The problem is Admin Max, you are not used to being challenged. Your heavy handed attitude would never be tolerated on a UK forum and we British don't just roll over when someone behaves in this way. Of course you can delete an account, so I suggest you get on with deleting mine before you reveal any more insulting and controlling behaviour.

Your "source" send me an email to.

This is a quote of his email:

Am fost eu unul dintre care au trimit email lui Paul, adevarul este ca i-am zis ca si eu am avut problema cu publicitatea pe forum, dar emailul meu nu zice nimic de nici un sentiment anti-straini, din contra le am spus ca sunt multi prieteni pe care i-am facut pe aceste forum, ce le am zis lui Paul este ca se linisteste si sa nu sterga contul, ca de fapt nu este motiv pentru asta sa fim sau nu fim de acord cu regulament sau cu procedura administratorului/moderatorilor.

Try to translate yourself.

Case closed.

This topic are close now.

All best,

Max

Important Information

Access to the Club4x4 Forum is conditioned by adhering to our Rules - Terms of Use